Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal - Happy New Year! 2013 Ed.


www.iHomeschoolNetwork.com

In my life this week…
New Year’s Resolutions, of course! Inventory of the closing year, resolutions for the new and planning the family calendar. Thought provoking, and exciting!

In our homeschool this week…
We started back to school this week and took our first field trip of the year, an overnighter to a new museum in a neighboring town. We went to the museum’s light and sound show the night before and spent the whole next morning at the museum. We were entertained by the children’s delight in learning.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Jump back in slowly. We’ve been on vacation for a whole month, so I can’t expect my children or myself to get back into the swing of a full day of school over night. Plan your work and work your plan, but don’t worry if it takes a few days. 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
In conjunction with our museum trip we got to visit the midweek service of a deaf church. It was a definite first for our children. A great way to introduce them to people with special abilities and other languages.

Things I’m working on…
I am very close to being finished with the grade one materials for Lemonhass. This is a literature based homeschool curriculum in the Spanish language designed especially for Spanish speaking homeschoolers.

I’m cooking…
Sausage links! The only “real” sausage we have found in southern Mexico to date is at McDonalds, so when we happened to find frozen sausage links at the store today, we were thrilled. We’ve had breakfast for lunch and dinner! 

I’m grateful for…
A God who delights in the details of our lives as well as the overall path. The sausage and canned pumpkin (found at a different store earlier in the week) were definite reminders of His infinite love and involvement in my life. 

Something I am ogling or have my eye on…
A corner entertainment center that has doors to shut up the noise and unattractive box we are so tempted to sit dumbly in front of for hours at a time. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow...what a unique curriculum you are writing. This is my first time visiting your site. I am stopping by from ihomeschool network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do agree with your homeschool tip... I have found that to be so true for me and my kids. It's best to start back slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Savannah and Mrs. Thurin! I appreciate the comments. We are excited about the Spanish curriculum. If you know any Spanish speaking homeschoolers, please send them our way!

    ReplyDelete